Pleased to Meet You
Hi there! My name is Ann-Louise and Possum Creek Studios is my photography adventure. If you've made it here then it means you are considering me for your wedding photography. Thank you, it means a lot! I am truly passionate about what I do, and give 110% to each & every one of my couples. Hopefully that will be you!
ABOUT MY WORK
I like to approach wedding photography a little bit differently, in that I love to take the time to get to know you before the ceremony so that you feel comfortable in front of the camera on your wedding day. It makes a huge difference in the final outcome. My aim is to balance professionalism with friendship, so that the person that you hire isn't a stranger. I like to start by just getting to know you over a cuppa! Who you are, your love story and your lives is what I'm interested in.
My photography style blends playfulness with honest, real emotion. I love the softness and beauty of weddings and prefer to let things happen rather than be too structured. I especially love those 'in between' moments that all too often go unnoticed. To me, a great photo is one that makes you FEEL something. It's my ultimate goal with every image at every wedding.
I am based in Byron Bay Australia, but I travel all over the place for weddings. Seriously! I regularly drive to my hometown of Brisbane to photograph weddings and to visit my family & friends. I feel so grateful to have photographed destination weddings in Lake Como, Tuscany, South America, Bali and Hayman Island. So if you are planning a wedding somewhere in this great southern land of ours, or even at an international location, then we should chat!
I am a photographer full time.
A few years back I completed a Bachelor of Visual Arts (hons) at QUT with a focus on Fine Art photography. I've been photographing ever since, and have now gathered over 15 years of professional wedding photography experience (yipes time seriously flies!). I am an Accredited member of the AIPP which means that my work has been judged by industry peers and I'm constantly keeping abreast of the latest advancements in photography. To find out more about my background head to the FAQ's page here.
I moved to Byron Bay in 2012 to be with my lovely partner who is, quite simply, a brilliant architect. Yes I'm biased but you really should see his work! He designs these sleek contemporary houses with modern lines and timber details, you can check them out here. He has a great eye for detail and we love collaborating with each other!
A few more things about me:
• I am a Step Mum to Ed's two beautiful kids, and now a Mum to our baby girl Frankie who lights up our lives big time.
• My love of music rates a solid second after photography: old school/new school/obscure school - I love it all! I listen to the "J's" & love trawling Spotify for new beats. Currently on high rotation: Rufus, DD Dumbo, Kurt Vile, Bonobo.
• I am part Gypsy: I've traveled to Morocco, India, Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, Croatia, Uruguay, Italy, France, Spain, Thailand, UK, Hungary, Argentina.....ooh yeah, I love travel!
• Fitness & health are also high on my agenda: swimming, yoga & jogging....or is that yogging?
• I love challenging myself creatively, mentally & physically: new photography techniques, surfing, guitar, parlez vous Francais?
• I adore nature: the soft light at dusk, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, salty ocean swims.
• Above all, I believe in positivity & gratitude, and appreciating every single day.
So that's a little about me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you too! Click on 'contact' at the top to send me an email, or drop me a line on: 0401 656 118. Let's get this party started!